Membership Benefits Include:
- Free to members. The non-member meeting physician registration fee is $175 and $100 for physicians’ assistants and nurses. (Pending members who have a completed application on file are entitled to free registration).
- The 2021 Annual Meeting will be held September 10-12, 2021 in Hershey.
- The PSG Annual Scientific Meeting provides an excellent opportunity to earn CME credits.
- PSG is a member of the DDNC and is represented at their meetings.
- PSG maintains a regular dialogue with the AGA, ACG and ASGE on national issues that impact Pennsylvania gastroenterologists.
- PSG has a seat on the PA Medical Society (PAMED) Specialty Leadership Cabinet and a vote at their House of Delegates. Together, PSG and PAMED advocate for gastrointestinal issues on a state level.
- The two PA regional governors for ACG are now members of the PSG Board and we will closely collaborate with them on matters of common interest.
- Four FITs sit on the PSG Board.
- PSG hosts a FIT poster competition at the annual meeting. Those who submit a poster and attend the meeting receive generous stipends.
- PSG routinely corresponds with carriers to convey gastroenterology concerns and clarify questions.
- PSG sends a gastroenterology representative to the PA Medicare Carrier Advisory Committee.
- The PSG website (www.pasg.org) has many features that benefit our physician members and their patients. Website features include:
- membership information - online join/renew opportunities;
- meeting information;
- legislative and payor relations updates;
- fellows in training details; and
- electronic copies of the PSG newsletter, Rumblings.
- Contains reimbursement news and updates
- Alerts members of pending issues and problems relative to gastroenterology
- Informs members of state and federal legislative issues effecting Pennsylvania gastroenterologists
- Provides helpful information for GI fellows and new practitioners